Tuesday 4 November 2008

Jewels From The Oxide #1

As those who know me will testify, I used to tape everything. I still do, except that it's digital (with a thing that looks like a shaver) these days. Rooting around in this mountain of cassettes can be the source of much amusement to pass the winter evenings, long forgotten gigs come alive once again at the push of a button. All are precious slices of time from which verbal exchanges like this sometimes make themselves known:

Chris : " I only joined this band because I couldn't get laid"
Steve : "Now you've got even less chance".

(Honey Smugglers: Islington Arts Factory 12/11/88)

1 comment:

Q + H said...

Great stuff, Steve! Well, if you ever get to writing a book and getting it published, you will have one buyer at least. That's a promise.
By the way, there seem to be ways of publishing a book yourself nowadays (via the Internet)(of course)(don't know how...)(read about it somewhere)(I think)

Ok, let's see what you come up with. We're following you,as you can see!

H (and Q)